Over 100 years ago, the Libby family owned and operated Atkins camp on an island in the middle of Millinocket Lake. Sportsmen who visited these camps included Teddy Roosevelt and Jack Dempsey.
In 1938 some of these cabins were relocated to the current site on the lake shoreline and new cabins were added. Today there are eight guest cabins and a lodge at what's now called Libby Camps.
Since those days, Libby Camps has been developed into a more modern facility without sacrificing any of its rustic charm.
Our ten outpost camps provide access to numerous remote lakes, ponds, streams and woods for the angler or hunter looking for complete seclusion.
Each of our guest cabins, handcrafted of peeled spruce and balsam fir, is furnished with homemade or antique beds, wood stoves and propane lights, flush toilets and showers.
The lodge, where three meals are served daily, is the hub of camp life.